Presentation of the doctoral school
Doctoral school 146 « Sciences, Technologies, Santé – Galilée » is a pluridisciplinary doctoral school linked to the University Sorbonne Paris Nord. Its activity revolves around three main disciplinary areas :
- Mathematics, Computer science, Information and communication technology
- Physics, Materials science and processing
- Biology and health sciences, Life sciences, Medical sciences, Ethology.
It offers a training in research in 11 specialties :
- Computer science
- Biomedical informatic
- Computer science engineering
- Health and public health
- Materials science
- Engineering science
- Biology and health science
The doctoral school welcomes about 225 to 250 doctoral students , 40% of whom are in Mathematics-Computer Science, 25% in Physics – Materials science and 35% in Biology and Health Science.
Currently in the doctoral school, there are more than 400 professors and researchers, researchers (CNRS, INSERM) and engineers of research attached to University Paris 13, among which 240 have been awarded their HDR (habilitation to direct research, the French degree which allows to supervise PhD candidates).